Herb Chicken with Egg Noodles
Easy crockpot comfort food recipe with herbs, chicken, mushroom, sweet pea, and broth. Wanna make it a one pot meal? Substitute 2 lb chunked potatoes for the egg noodles but throw them in the bottom of the crockpot before anything else goes in.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crockpot / Instapot / Braised
- Cuisine: International
- 2lb chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1lb mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 10 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 lb frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, optional as garnish
- Add all ingredients (except noodles, peas, and Parmesan) to crockpot and stir. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Add peas to crock-pot 20 minutes before serving.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add egg noodles. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for ~ 5-7 minutes. The pasta will not be completely done. Drain and add the pasta to the crock-pot and let sit ~ 20 minutes so it absorbs most of the liquid in the crockpot and finishes cooking.
- Top with Parmesan and add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
If using a pot on the stove top, bring ingredients – except noodles – to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered ~ 45 minutes. Use a fork to pull the chicken apart and then add noodles until desired doneness.
Things In My Kitchen:
Crockpot – Throw in all the ingredients and walk away.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Braised, Instant Pot, Crockpot, Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Comfort Food, Noodles, Pasta