Corn & Tomato Salad
This easy corn and tomato summer salad recipe is crisp, fresh, and vibrant. Serve it as a side dish w/ beans & rice or under a fresh piece of salmon with a green salad. Throw the corn on the grill or pan fry it for ~ 3-5 minutes to get a roasted color and texture if you have time. Diced avocado would also be delicious with this – if you’ve got one then throw that on too.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
- 5 ears of corn (or 16 oz frozen corn kernels), shucked & silks removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium (or to taste) jalapeno, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (~1 lime), juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Shuck the corn and remove the silk. Lay the corn down and carefully slice the kernels off of one side. This will create a flat surface for you to use to cut the rest of the kernels off each side. Place corn in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into corn bowl and mix. Add more lime juice and sea salt to taste. Garnish with extra cilantro leaves if desired. Happy Summer! Beckie
Use frozen corn and cut your work time in half!
Things In My Kitchen:
- 3 quart mixing bowl – I love these flat bottomed & wide brimmed mixing bowls for combining ingredients with veggies for roasting and for making salads. The 2 quart and 3 quart are my “go to” bowls for almost everything.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Corn, Tomato, Vegan, Vegetarian, Salad, Holidays, Labor Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Gluten Free, Dairy Free