Egg Salad with Thyme
Eggs are one of my favorite ingredients and a “go to” dish when there’s nothing else in the ‘fridge. Egg salad recipes are easy, versatile, and affordable to make. Boil some eggs every week and have them on hand for quick snacks or egg salads.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 6 boiled peeled eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1/4 cup chives, sliced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Place eggs in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover the eggs by one inch. Turn the heat to high, set a timer for 18 minutes, and leave pot uncovered. When eggs begin to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and boil uncovered.
- Shock the eggs in an ice cold bath ~ 5 minutes. Peel and dice.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve over a bed of lettuce or on toasted bread. Add a little e.v. olive oil if you’d like it a little thinner and add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! – Beckie
- Don’t have these ingredients? No worries. Try pepperoncini’s, capers, red peppers, celery, pickles, radishes!
- Eggs aren’t peeling and playing nice? Bummer… There are several tricks but I have found none to be consistent. You have fresh eggs and that makes them hard to peel. Take a breathe, gently crack them all over, pry apart the shell, and do the best you can.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Timer – I live by the timer in the kitchen and it’s nothing fancy but it works.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Eggs, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Comfort Food, Salad, Side Dish, Picnic, Holidays, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day