Chicken with Blueberry Chutney
It’s blueberry season and our good friends just picked and delivered to us these sweet blueberries from Champney’s Blueberry Farm in Ravenel, SC. This blueberry chutney recipe is excellent with chicken, pork, or tempeh and also yummy on granola with a little cream, yogurt, or milk.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill / Oven
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Chicken:
- 6 pieces (~2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Ingredient List Chutney:
- 2 cups (~8 oz) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup (~2 oz) raisins
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp peeled & minced ginger
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp agave (optional if blueberries are not sweet enough)
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat (~400F).
- Lightly rub chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook covered~ 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165F and juices run clear.
- Make the Chutney. Place all chutney ingredients in a small pan, bring to medium heat, and cook covered until warm (~ 3-5 minutes)
- Serve blueberry chutney over chicken and add sea salt to taste. Delicious with salad or with green beans & tomatoes. Happy Eating! Beckie
TIP: If you don’t have a grill and want to bake the chicken, preheat oven to 375F and place chicken in a lightly oiled pan or baking sheet and cook covered ~ 25 minutes or until internal done.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Weber Q1200 – this is my grill, y’all. It’s pretty & cool, simple, has even & consistent heat, and easy to clean. You can even take the grates off, wipe off quickly, and stick in the dishwasher. It fits 6 strip steaks perfectly and is portable (you have to buy this separate and also an adapter hose) so you can easily take it with you camping.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Dinner, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Holidays, Paleo