Pan Fried Chicken w/ Garlic Butter
Want a flavorful dinner fast? Pan fry, bake, or grill chicken cutlets, top with lemon parsley butter, and serve over salad. Easy, light, & fast chicken recipe. Chicken cutlets are chicken breast sliced through the middle to make thinner. Check out Eat Simple Food’s video showing how to butterfly, stuff, and tie up chicken breast, but instead of cutting the chicken to make it look like a book, continue cutting all the way through to make 2 individual cutlets from each breast. Cutlets are also generally sold in the grocery store already cut.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Chicken:
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 chicken cutlets
Ingredient List Butter:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- zest from one lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 small garlic cloved, minced and smashed to a paste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Allow butter to soften at room temperature. Mince garlic and then press into a paste. Use a garlic press for this or use the back of your knife and carefully smash down garlic with a little salt.
- When soft add all ingredients to a bowl and mix (by hand or food processor) to incorporate.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper and form a log. Tightly roll and twist to seal. There may be some excess lemon juice that won’t incorporate. Don’t worry about it, but put the butter log on a plate so it doesn’t leak on your refrigerator. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or place in freezer for 20 minutes if in a hurry.
For The Chicken:
- Salt and pepper the chicken. You will need to fry in two batches if the pan is not big enough to hold all the chicken.
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat and add enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Pan fry the cutlets ~3-4 minutes per side or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165F. In the last minute of cooking add a tab or two of butter to the cutlets until melted. Swirl chicken around in pan to soak up any remaining butter and plate and serve.
- Add salt to taste and serve over salad. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12″ PFOA free non stick pan – I use this non stick pan for chicken & delicate seafood. PFOA free and comes with a glass lid.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Chicken, Chicken Cutlets, Compound Butter, Gluten Free