Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Appetizer
Fast and easy cucumber & smoked salmon appetizer recipe with dill & capers that impresses visually and taste crisp, fresh, and flavorful.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 6 (3 each)
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
- 2 large English cucumbers
- 1/4 lb smoked salmon, chopped
- 3 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp capers, drained
- pinch black pepper
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped as garnish
- Slice cucumbers in 1/2″ thick rounds (should have ~ 18 slices) and lay out on a platter. If there are a lot of seeds, you can scoop out a little divot in the cuke, so the mixture stays contained better & doesn’t become watery.
- Mix together all ingredients except cucumbers & parsley in a medium bowl. Add sea salt to taste. Scoop 1 Tbsp (a small mound) on each of the cucumber pieces. Sprinkle with parsley. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
Pastry “scooper” – also known as a pastry scraper or chopper. I use it to scoop up ingredients and place in a bowl. Tons more efficient than using your hands to transfer chopped food.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Smoked Salmon, Salmon, Gluten Free, Pescatarian, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Holidays, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving
IngredientsNo ingredients required for this recipe.