Easy Pickled Onions
This quick refrigerated pickled onion recipe is an easy, colorful, and tangy condiment to your burgers, tacos, or salads. The recipe is versatile – add a pinch of your favorite spices or herbs – all spice, bay leaves, cayenne, mustard seeds, etc… A lot of pickled recipes pour a hot vinegar, salt, and sugar brine over the top. Somedays, I don’t even want to boil water – this is just as good and takes no time.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Slice the onions thin. Use a mandoline (this is my favorite mandolin) if you’ve got one.
- Place ingredients in a non reactive bowl (glass, plastic, or ceramic) and stir. Let sit 30-45 minutes, stir occasionally (this will make the onions soften and shrink), and transfer to a pint jar. Seal and refrigerate for up 10 days. Happy Picklin’! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Mandolin – Perfect for slicing the onions real thin. Watch your fingers!
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Pickled, Pickled Onions, Holidays, Garnish, Condiment, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Low Carb