Roast Salmon w/ Buttery Leeks
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop / Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 large leek, halved, rinsed, and sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 475F (Roast if you got it).
- Trim the root end of the leek and cut off the dark green leaves (keep the pale green part of the leek). Cut in half lengthwise and run under water to get rid of any dirt in the layers. Slice leeks.
- Bring a small pan to medium heat and add 1 1/2 Tbsp butter. Add sliced leeks and salt. Cover and cook ~ 4 -6 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until leeks are starting to get translucent but still retain some color. Reduce heat if butter or leeks starts to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Salt and pepper salmon.
- Add butter and parsley evenly to a large oven safe pan that will fit all four pieces of salmon. Place pan in oven (without salmon) for a couple minutes until you hear or see the butter is starting to sizzle.
- Remove pan (and remember that this pan is HOT) and place salmon skin side up in the pan. Roast 4-5 minutes or until the skin easily peels off. Peel off skin, flip salmon and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until salmon is done to your preference.
- Top with buttery leeks and add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
This pan and handle is HOT. When you take it out of the oven, put a dishtowel immediately around the handle so that you or anyone in your household does not grab it.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Fish spatula – affordable, durable, easy to use, and comes in a set of two.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Salmon, Roast Salmon, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Holidays, Pescatarian, Fish, Keto