Chunky Summer Salad
This chunky summer inspired salad recipe is delicious by itself or served with some grilled chicken for a light dinner. Dress it up with your favorite Italian dressing, pesto, or a light olive oil & apple cider vinaigrette. Top with Feta if desired. Enjoy the bounty and freshness and be grateful. Life is good. Food is good.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
- 1 large Hothouse Cucumber, quartered skin on
- 6 baby bell pepper variety pack, thick sliced, seeds & membranes removed
- 6 smallish tomatoes, cut into thick chunks
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- feta – optional as garnish
Ingredients Dressing (Or Buy a Pre-made Italian Dressing):
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- ~ 1/3 cup e.v. olive oil
- If you are making the dressing- mix all the ingredients except olive oil in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. You can also add all ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.
- For the salad: Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and mix gently. Toss with dressing. Top with feta if desired.
- Look for tomatoes that are bred to be small but are not cherry tomatoes. Same with the bell pepper variety – they generally come in a pack with a dozen or so smallish peppers.
- Trying to cut down on calories? Substitute some of the oil with a little bit of water or broth.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Benriner wide mandolin – for uniform thin onion slices. This is my favorite mandolin, but you still got to be careful if you want to keep your digits!
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Summer Salad, Salad, Tomato, Pepper, Onion, Cucumber, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30, Low Carb, Keto