Sriracha Beef with Sautéed Cabbage
Sometimes dinner is not as glamorous as it is other nights and you gotta creatively use your leftovers to make a tasty dinner. We had a week of “on the go nights”, and I was not interested in running to the grocery store. I had no recipe in mind but the ingredients we had on hand were: beef (skirt steak), a head of cabbage, onion, garlic, and potatoes. Cooked cabbage is on my list of “comfort foods” so here’s what came up out of those ingredients. p.s. – turns out this dish is fantastic!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 2 1/2 lb skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 head cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- For Beef: Mix all beef ingredients in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes. Bring a large pan to medium-high heat and coat the bottom with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Add the beef and fry for ~ 2-3 minutes. Cook in two separate batches if you have a small pan as you want to sear the beef and not steam it. If you cut the beef thin enough, this will be plenty of time to be cooked through.
- For Cabbage: Bring a pot to medium high heat and add enough vegetable oil or butter to coat the bottom and throw in diced onions. Saute ~ 3-4 minutes or until translucent and add remaining cabbage ingredients and stir. Reduce heat to low/medium, cover, cook for ~ 20 minutes or until cabbage is wilted and soft. Add a little more oil or water if needed. Stir occasionally.
- Serve beef over cabbage. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- 16 x 12 x .75 Teak Cutting Board – Sourced from sustainably managed plantations and has grooves to catch run-off juices.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Sriracha, Beef, Cabbage, Comfort Food, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto