Steak Taco’s – I’m in love with any sort of taco or burrito, but the smaller tacos on soft corn shells really call my taste buds on a ton of levels due to the versatility of the sides and the leftovers. Tacos also make a great casual dinner party because you can prep nearly everything ahead of time and just warm up the tortillas and cook the protein when people get to your home.
I’ve listed a lot of sides here but do whatever is easiest for how your day is going. I generally just slice or dice the ingredients and don’t flavor them as they are all full of their natural & beautiful flavors. For other taco filling ideas visit my Fish Taco recipe. Vegetarians can use tofu, beans, or Quorn.
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 Tacos
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop / Oven
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 1 3/4 lb skirt steak, sliced thinly against the grain
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 red peppers, seeded & sliced
- ~ 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- ~1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced thin
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves individually torn from stalk
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 lime, wedged for garnish
- For Steak: In a large bowl, mix the sliced steak with all other ingredients. Bring a large pan to medium high heat and enough vegetable oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Add steak to pan in batches, as you want to sear the meat and not steam it. Make sure it has room in the pan. It only needs to cook for a minute or two if you sliced it thin enough. Add salt to taste.
- For Roasted Red Peppers: Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a bowl, toss sliced peppers with a touch (~ 1 1/2 Tbsp) olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay peppers out on baking sheet (try not to crowd them on the pan) and roast ~ 10 – 12 minutes or until tips are starting to brown and peppers are soft.
- Make the Tacos: Warm up the tortillas in a dry pan on the stovetop over medium high heat until soft and pliable. Move to a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm. Add the steak and fillings you want! Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Relax and enjoy each bite and be grateful for the food and the day. Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Benriner Mandolin – This is my “go to” Mandolin for slicing red onions and radishes super thin.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Tacos, Skirt Steak, Beef Tacos, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Comfort Food