Roasted Cumin Sweet Potato Coins
Roasted sweet potatoes – healthy, easy, & addicting side dish recipe. Add a little maple syrup or cinnamon if you want a sweeter taste. If you find that the syrup is burning, then put it on half way through the cooking process.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, skin on & sliced into 1/2″ coins
- 2 Tbsp e.v. olive
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream or yogurt- optional as garnish
- 4 Tbsp chives, sliced –optional as garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss together sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cumin together in a large bowl. Bake on an aluminum lined tray for ~20 minutes (flipping once at 10 minutes). Careful – the bottoms will burn if you don’t flip ’em! You may need two baking trays, so the pan is not crowded.
- Top with sour cream and chives. Add sea salt to taste. Happy eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- 13 x 18 “Jellyroll” Baking Sheet – I use this baking sheet for nearly everything in the oven.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Sweet Potatoes, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Vegetarian, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas