Cumin Beef with Sweet Potatoes
Cubed chuck roast braised until falling apart… slurp! This is an easy & delicious one pot crockpot recipe but can also be made stovetop by simmering covered ~ 2 hours. When I make it on the stovetop I like to roast the sweet potatoes separately from the beef to add more texture to the dish. If I’m in a bigger hurry, all the ingredients go in the crockpot at the same time.
Insta Pot users: Sear the meats first and set aside. Toss all ingredients into the pot and set for 45 minutes. Follow cool down instructions. If time is low throw it all without searin’ & walk away.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crockpot / Instapot / Braised
- Cuisine: International
- 1 1/2 lbs cubed skin on sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 lb chuckrRoast, cubed ~ 1 1/2″
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 20 ounces (~2 cups) diced canned tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients into crockpot (put potatoes in first). Set on low for 8 hours. Add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
TIP: If cooking on stovetop add enough beef broth to cover the ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered ~ 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Crockpot – set & forget.
- Instant Pot – fast pressure cooking for braising meats, soups, stews, etc…
- 6 quart Dutch Oven for searing & braising.
- Splatter Guard so grease doesn’t go everywhere & clean up is easier.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Braised, Crockpot, InstantPot, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo