Vaquero Beef Stew
This “cowboy” beef stew recipe is slow cooked with pimento stuffed green olives, carrots, green chiles, enchilada sauce, and beef broth. Throw it in the crock-pot for 8 hours, Instant Pot ~ 45 minutes, or braise it on the stove top for 2 1/2 hours.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crockpot / Instant Pot / Braised
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 2.5 lb chuck roast, trimmed & cubed ~ 1 1/2″ chunks
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 lb carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 8 oz mild canned green chiles, diced
- 4 oz drained green olives
- 14.5 oz enchilada sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Throw all ingredients in a Crock-pot, stir, and cover. Set on low 8 hours. Add salt to taste. Happy eating! Beckie
- Can’t find enchilada sauce? Skip it and use a can of diced tomatoes instead.
- Can’t find green chilis? Skip it and use a green bell pepper instead.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Crock-pot – 6 quarts, programmable, affordable, and comes with a 2 cup “dipper” to keep your dip/sauces warm.
- Instant Pot – 6 quarts, multifunctional, electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, and much more.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Crockpot, Instant Pot, Braised, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Beef, Chuck Roast, Comfort Foods, Green Chilis, Green Olives, One Pot Meals