Baked Cod with Dill & Brazil Nut Pesto
Flaky fresh wild caught cod recipe served with a tangy dill & brazil nut pesto. Substitute any white flaky fish for this recipe if you can’t find cod. Check out Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch guide to sustainable and healthy fish.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Coastal
Ingredient List Cod:
- 6 fillets (~2 lb) wild caught cod (or other white fish)
- sea salt
- black pepper
Ingredient List Pesto:
- 2 ounces fresh dill (no stems ~ 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Brazil Nuts
- 1/3 cup e.v. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tsp garlic (1 large clove), minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Make Pesto: Add all pesto ingredients to food processor or blender and blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add more lemon juice if you want it tangier and add sea salt to taste.
- Lightly salt and pepper each side of fish fillets and place in a lightly oiled or buttered baking dish. Roast (uncovered) for ~ 12-15 minutes or until fish begins to flake and is cooked through.
- Spoon pesto over fish or with fresh vegetables and pasta. This is served with a yummy Kale Salad in the picture. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Food Processor – For blendin’ up that pesto. An 8 cup food processor is a little big for pesto, but it’s better to use that than have multiple size food processors taking up space in your kitchen.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Cod, Fish, Pescatarian, Pesto, Gluten Free, Keto, Seafood