Baked Tortilla Strips
These tortilla strips have the perfect crunch for salads or soups. This recipe is also versatile – flavor them with your favorite spices or drizzle with a splash of citrus if you’ve got it. This is the perfect garnish for Sopa Azteca (Tortilla Soup).
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 12 (6″) corn tortillas
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne – optional for spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray/spread with vegetable oil.
- Stack 3-4 tortillas on top of each other. Cut (carefully with scissors) the tortillas in half and then cut into 1/4″ thin strips. Lay strips on baking sheet and mix in remaining ingredients. Evenly spread out in a thin layer. You may need to do this in batches if the pan is too crowded.
- Bake ~ 10-15 minutes (turning once) or until tortillas are crispy. Cool and keep in a plastic bag for 3-4 days. Add salt to taste. Happy eating! Beckie
- Add a splash of lime if you got it.
- Cut the round edges off the tortillas to form a square If you want perfectly uniform strips.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 13 x 18 “jellyroll” baking sheet – for baking the tortillas
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Tortilla Strips, Baked Tortillas, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Garnish