Chili, Lime, & Honey Compound Butter
There are few things in life that make me as happy as butter. I love the richness & smoothness of it and also love how it can be used on so many things from breads to vegetables, sauces, starches, grains, meats, and seafoods. Compound butter is butter that is mixed with other ingredients, like herbs, shallots, vinegars, garlic, spices, etc… This particular compound butter recipe is excellent on Corn on the Cob.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 1 stick (1/2 Cup)
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Allow butter to soften at room temperature. When soft add all ingredients to a bowl and mix (by hand or food processor) to incorporate. Lay out a piece of parchment paper and form a log. Tightly roll and twist to seal. There may be some excess lime juice that won’t incorporate. Don’t worry about it, but put the log on a plate so it doesn’t spill on your refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for ~ 2 hours before using or freeze until ready to use. Happy buttery goodness! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Old School Juicer – Every house I visited had this juicer when I was growing up & I still love it.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Butter, Homemade Butter, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Spreads, Keto