Lemon Shrimp & Cherry Tomatoes
Light but still filling. Refreshing, simple, and healthy wild shrimp recipe with cherry tomatoes, green onions, sliced almonds, and wild rice. Sit back and eat slow.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Coastal
Ingredient List Shrimp:
- 2lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp (~ 2 cloves) garlic, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (~ 5 stalks) green onions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained
- 2 medium (~ 3 Tbsp) lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade (sliced)
- 1/2 cup feta (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmesan (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 6 cups cooked wild rice
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat and add butter. Add the shrimp, garlic, and lemon juice when butter is melted and sizzling.You may need to do this step in two batches if your pan is too crowded. Pan fry the shrimp ~ 3-5 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, green onions, capers, pinch sea salt, pinch black pepper. Stir fry an additional 2-3 minutes just to make the tomatoes & onions warm.
- Plate over rice. Top with feta, parmesan, almonds, and basil. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Want to make this dinner faster? Use white rice instead – it cooks in ~ 15-20 minutes.
- Wanna up your game? Toast the almonds at 325F on a lined baking sheet~ 6-8 minutes if you want to give the nuts extra flavor.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Shrimp peeler & deveiner – this makes faster work of peeling & deveining. It’s not fancy but this plastic one works better than any out there made of steel or that have big clunky handles.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Shrimp, Coastal, Pescatarian, Gluten Free, Nuts, Rice, Low Country