Arugula, Avocado, & Rice Salad w/ Lemon Dressing
This is a fantastic salad recipe when you have leftover rice and are hungrier and want a little more substance than just eating veggies. Peppery arugula, fresh tomatoes, and rich avocado dress up this rice. Add whatever veggies you got hanging around. It would also work well with quinoa, couscous, or farro.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Salad:
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
Ingredient List Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sharp mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/3 cup e.v. olive oil
- In a large bowl add all salad ingredients except rice.
- Make Salad Dressing: In a bowl combine all dressing ingredients except olive oil. Slowly whisk in oil OR add all ingredients to a jar with lid and shake vigorously.
- Lay 3 cups cooked rice (the rice here was left over from the Lamb Boti Kebab with the marinade sauce) on 6 plates. Gently toss dressing with salad and lay over rice. Happy Eating! Beckie
Most salad dressings are made by whisking in the oil slowly. Sometimes, time is an issue and we want to eat faster. Toss the vinaigrette ingredients into a mason jar and shake vigorously.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Tongs – I use these for nearly everything in the kitchen and they’re perfect for tossin’ salads.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Leftovers Salad, Avocado, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vinaigrette