Fresh & popping basil pesto recipe – vibrant in color and taste. The addition of a little lemon juice mellows out any bitterness the basil may have and gives it a little zing. Perfect over pasta, on pizza or galettes, dressed up on salad, or spooned over a ripe summer tomato… #summerlove
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 1 1/4 Cups
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 cups packed basil leaves (~ 1.5 oz)
- 2 small cloves garlic (~ 2 tsp)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup e.v. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ~ 1/2 -3/4 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Don’t have pine nuts? No problem – use walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds, whatever!
- Freeze leftovers flat in a ziploc bag and break off and thaw what you need.
- Want a “warmer” taste? Saute the garlic and pan fry or bake the nuts until a roasted color and fragrant.
- You may have a kick booty blender or food processor that will emulsify the mixture beautifully. If so, save some time and add the olive oil at the same time as the other ingredients instead of drizzling in slowly.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Food Processor to blend, grate, and slice ingredients.
- Blender – for serious blending of pestos, drinks, smoothies, soups, etc…
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Pesto, Basil, Parmesan, Herbs, Gluten Free, Keto, Vegetarian