Asian Inspired Cucumber Salad
Light and refreshing cucumber salad recipe with umami & tang. Serve as an easy “no cook” side with Slow Cooked Asian Inspired Pork Shoulder.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1lb (2 large) cucumber, seeded & sliced, peel stays on
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo red pepper flakes – optional for heat
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves – as garnish
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted -as garnish
- Bring a small pan to medium heat and add sesame seeds. Cook ~ 2 min or until seeds are evenly brown, watching and stirring when needed. Set aside on a plate.
- Mix all ingredients, except sesame seeds and cilantro, in a bowl. Add sea salt to taste and more chili flakes if you prefer more spice. Garnish salad with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.
- Eat it. Be happy and thoughtful. Beckie
- Don’t have Aleppo Red Pepper flakes? Use regular red chili flakes (like Pizza Hut!)
Things In My Kitchen:
- Victorinox 8″ Chef’s knife – One of my favorite affordable knives.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Cucumber Salad, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Low Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian