BBQ Shrimp with Lemon Sauce
This recipes thick & tangy lemon sauce goes over the tender barbecued shrimp. Get ready to lick your finger! Serve it over grilled romaine or your favorite salad.
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 5
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill / Oven
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Shrimp:
- 2 lb large wild caught shrimp, peel left on, deveined
- 3 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
Ingredient List Lemon Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup shallot, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped as garnish
- Marinate deveined shrimp for 20 minutes with all ingredients listed for the shrimp.
- Bring a small pan to medium high heat on the stovetop and add the butter. Add shallots when butter is melted and cook ~ 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic & cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add sliced lemon, capers, bay leaf, white wine, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook ~ 10-15 minutes (or until lemon is soft), stirring occasionally. This mixture will reduce and thicken over the low heat.
- Heat a grill to medium high (~375F). Grill shrimp covered ~ 2-3 minutes on each side or until opaque and cooked through in the middle.
- Top with lemon sauce and add parsley & sea salt to taste. Dig in! Happy Eating – Beckie
Don’t have a grill? Pan fry the shrimp in the butter instead of melting it for the marinade.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Shrimp peeler & deveiner – I’ve tried several that look stronger and better but always come back to this simple plastic deveiner.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Shrimp, Low Country, Coastal, Pescatarian, Gluten Free, Keto, Seafood, Low Carb, Holidays, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day