Brie en Croute
Oeey goey melty cheese baked in golden puff pastry. What a cute lil package – this recipe is called Brie en Croute! This appetizer won’t last long and you will probably be eating it for breakfast if you magically end up with leftovers.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop / Oven
- Cuisine: French
- 8 ounce Brie Wheel
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, mixed
- apples and/or crackers
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a small pan at medium heat. Add nuts to melted butter, reduce heat, and cook for ~ 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat and add 1/8 – 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Lay one sheet of defrosted puff pastry on the aluminum lined baking sheet and add an 8 ounce brie wheel to the middle. Top with nut/butter mixture and add 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Wrap the pastry around it and gently press it together until it sticks. Gently tie up excess dough with kitchen twine OR gently push the dough together and skip the twine. Brush a beaten egg over any exposed pastry (this will help give it a nice brown crust).
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Rest 20-30 minutes before serving. If you cut into this too soon, it will be a hot and yummy but a very runny mess. Serve with sliced apples and crackers. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Puff pastry usually comes frozen in a box of two – keep the other frozen for later and defrost the one you will be using.
- ANYTHING tastes good cooked with brie in puff pastry. Throw some jelly or jam on there if you don’t have the rest of the ingredients and bake according to instructions above.
- Don’t have walnuts? Skip it or try a different kind of nut.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Silicone basting brush – affordable, 4 different colors, dishwasher safe, heat resistant, BPA free. Baste the egg on the puff pastry with something like this.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Brie, Brie en Croute, Bread, Cheese, Puff Pastry, Comfort Food, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas