Roast Figs w/ Honey Glaze & Whip Cream
Simple roasted fig recipe dressed up with a honey balsamic glaze and topped with fresh whipped cream. Down south figs grow wild on the trees in late summer.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop / Oven
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Figs:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb figs, halved
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Ingredient List Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400F
- For the Figs: Lay figs in a single layer (cut side up) in a lightly oiled baking dish and cook uncovered for ~12 minutes or until warm and soft.
- For the Sauce: Prepare the sauce (YUM!). In a small pan add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook at a low simmer for ~ 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Don’t skimp on this step – you want it to reduce and become gooey.
- For the Whipped Cream: Put medium metal mixing bowl in freezer (helps cream whisk easier/faster) for 15 minutes before whipping. Whip cream in metal bowl with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form (~6-8 minutes). Don’t overbeat the cream or it will become lumpy. You can fold in a little sugar, bourbon, or vanilla extract for flavor, but the sauce has enough sweetness. I leave it plain for this recipe.
- Pour the thickened honey sauce over the figs and serve with fresh whipped cream. Happy eating! Beckie
- Add/fold in whatever you like to the whipped cream: a drizzle of vanilla extract, dark rum, whiskey, or sugar but I think it’s sweet enough as is with the honey in the figs.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Hand mixer – Nothing fancy, electric, works like a charm, affordable, and makes a mean whipped cream.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Figs, Roasted Figs, Whipped Cream, Honey, Balsamic, Holidays, Gluten Free, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Vegetarian