Curried Cashew Cauliflower Rice
This light curried cauliflower rice recipe is packed full of flavor and perfect for a lighter dinner. It’s loaded with raisins, cashews, carrots, celery, curry, onions, and garlic and can be served as a side or main. Vegetarian cooking can be intimidating but it’s so worth it. You can rush the process and add all the ingredients at once, but it really is worth following the recipe and creating those caramelized layers that our taste buds love.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 small celery stalks, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, lightly pulsed in food processor
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted & salted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup mint, chiffonade (sliced)
- Lightly pulse the cauliflower in a food processor. Don’t over do it – you want it a little bigger than the size of rice. You will have to do this in at least two batches.
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat and add enough coconut oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. When hot add the onions & cook ~ 4 minutes. You want these slightly browned and not translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (~ 1-2 minutes). Set both aside on the plate.
- Add coconut oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Add carrots and celery. Cook ~ 4 minutes or until brown (not translucent). Place on plate with onions & garlic.
- Wipe out pan if necessary. Add a little more coconut oil and add cauliflower, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Cook ~ 10-15 minutes or until water has cooked out of cauliflower and it’s lightly brown. Add contents of plate to pan. Add cashews, raisins, and lemon juice.
- Add curry and salt to taste. Plate and garnish with fresh mint. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Wanna add some more protein? Add some edamame, chicken, or tofu.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12″ Non stick PFOA free pan – I use this pan for eggs and fish.
- Juicer – This is old school. I still have the one my mama gave me when I moved out.
- 8 Cup Food Processor – Affordable workhorse for pulsing the cauliflower.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Cauliflower, Cauliflower Rice, Cashews, Curry, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Whole 30, Paleo