Lamb Boti Kebabs
Leg of lamb recipe marinated in yogurt and cooked with spices, peppers, & red onions and served over a bed of rice. Lamb Boti Kebabs recipes are traditionally cooked on skewers on the grill, but this is a stovetop version.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cubed 1″ pieces
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground garam masala
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped & divided
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- ~ 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup red onions, sliced
- 2 large (~15 ounces) mixed red & green peppers, sliced or chunked
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Mix lamb, cumin, turmeric, sea salt, garam masala, ginger, garlic, 1/4 cup of cilantro, and yogurt together. Marinate for at least 5 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Bring a pan to medium high heat and add vegetable oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Shake off excess marinade. Sear the lamb initially at a high heat to try and get a crust on it and then reduce the heat and cook ~ 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135F. Cook the lamb in batches if your pan is not big enough.
- Remove lamb from pan, increase heat and add onions and red peppers. Cook for ~ 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lamb and any remaining marinade back to pan and cook ~ 3 minutes or until hot.
- Lamb is delicious seared on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Serve over cooked rice, add sea salt to taste, and garnish with extra cilantro garnish. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Microplane Zester – for grating the ginger. Much easier & better consistency than trying to chop with a knife.
Keywords: Lamb, Boti Kebab, Gluten Free, Comfort Food