Chicken Salad & Basil Vinaigrette
Throw some grilled chicken on some greens for an easy, light, and tasty summer recipe. Freeze any extra basil vinaigrette for another day. Stays good in freezer 3 months.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish / Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Salad:
- 2 1/2 lb (12) chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 cups (~1/2 lb) arugula
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes; halved
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- any other veggies you got hanging around
- desired amount of vinaigrette
- sea salt
- black pepper
Ingredient List Dressing:
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup (~ 1 oz) basil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced & sauteed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup e.v. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Bring a grill to medium heat (~400F).
- Bring a small pan to medium high heat and add the pine nuts. Cook and stir until starting to brown and fragrant (optional step). Throw directly into food processor and blend it.
- Bring a small pan to medium high heat and add garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant (optional step). Throw into food processor. Add all remaining ingredients to food processor and whiz it up until smooth.
- Lightly oil, salt, and pepper chicken. Grill covered for ~ 6-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F and juices run clear.
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients except chicken and dressing. Add desired amount of dressing and mix. Plate salad and add chicken on top. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t want the extra work or the extra dishes to clean? Forego toasting the pine nuts and sauteing the garlic and throw them into the food processor as is.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Weber Grill – I love this grill. Small but still plenty big enough for 12 chicken thighs and 6-8 steaks. Plus it’s easy to clean the grates. You’ll want to grab the stand below probably as well.
- Weber Grill Portable Stand – Rollable and compacts.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Grill, BBQ, Gluten Free, Keto, Dairy Free, Barbecue, Whole 30, Paleo, Salad, Chicken