Lamb Spinach & Feta Salad
Seared leg of lamb over a bed of spinach with blanched asparagus and potatoes. This recipe is finished up with sliced red onions, olives, feta, walnuts, and mint. Hello summer!
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish / Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 1/4 lb boneless leg of lamb, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 cups (~8 oz) spinach
- 1 1/2 cups (1 large) red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup red onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup mint, chiffonade (sliced) for garnish
- 3/4 cup feta crumbles, for garnish
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1/4 tsp sea salt and asparagus. Cook (Blanch) ~ 2 minutes or until done. Drain and shock asparagus in ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Add sliced potatoes to a pot with salted cold water. The water should cover the potatoes by ~ 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 7-9 minutes or until tender but still al dente. Strain and shock in ice cold water bath to stop the cooking process. Strain and set aside.
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat on the stove top and enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan (~1 Tbsp). When oil is hot, add lamb and sear ~ 1-2 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145F. You may need to do this in batches if your pan is not large enough. Set aside.
- Gently toss the salad: Add spinach, red pepper, olives, red onions, asparagus, and desired amount of salad dressing. Separately toss the potatoes with a little salad dressing carefully, trying not to rip them apart.
- Lay out the potato slices evenly on each plate and then add the salad over the top. Add the lamb and garnish with walnuts, mint and feta. Add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Benriner Wide Mandolin – Hands down my favorite mandolin, but still got to watch those fingers!
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Lamb, Salad, Gluten Free