Pork Chops with Tomato Ginger Curry
This curry & ginger pork recipe is also amazing with chicken thighs or breasts or tofu. It is an easier variation on one of the first dishes that I loved to eat from a woman that taught me so much about cooking. She would serve this with lentils and rice and an eggplant dish similar to baba ganoush.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish / Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
- Lightly salt and pepper pork chops. Bring a large pan to medium high heat, add vegetable oil to coat bottom of pan and add pork chops. Sear uncovered ~2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat, and add onions. Cook 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add ginger and cook for ~ 1 minutes or until fragrant.
- Mix the curry, salt, and tomato paste in a small bowl. Add mixture to onions, stir, and add water to pan. Add the pork chops and any juices to pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for ~3 minutes. Turn the chops and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature of the pork is 145F.
- Serve over rice and with a fresh vegetable. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Sear the pork in batches if you don’t have room in the pan. You want the meat to have a crust. It will end up steaming and not searing if you crowd the pan.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Zester – for gratin’ that ginger real fine.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Pork Chops, Pork, Ginger, Curry, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto, Whole 30, Paleo