Radicchio, Tuna, Cannellini Bean Salad
Colorful, healthy, and tasty tuna, bean, & radicchio salad recipe. Omit the pesto and just add some fresh herbs and olive oil if you don’t have the time or ingredients. Vegetarians can omit the tuna and add Parmesan cheese or feta.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Salad:
- 1 small radicchio, torn into bite size chunks
- 1 large orange pepper, sliced
- 15.5 ounces can Cannellini Beans, drained & rinsed
- one (10 oz) can of albacore tuna, drained and torn apart
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Ingredient List Dill Pesto:
- 3 Tbsp Walnuts
- ~ 1/3 cup fresh dill
- one clove garlic
- 1/3 cup e.v. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Make Dill Walnut Pesto: Add all pesto ingredients into food processor and blend. Add more lemon juice if you like it tangier and add salt to taste.
- Make Salad Base: Place radicchio in a bowl and toss with 2-3 Tbsp pesto. Place on a large platter as the base of the salad. Into same bowl add orange pepper, beans, and 2-3 more Tbsp of pesto. Mix and place on top of radicchio. Add tuna as the top layer and add more pesto if needed and crushed red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.
- Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- You can use a mortar and pestle, blender, or chop the ingredients very finely if you don’t have a food processor.
- Trying to save time? Top Salad w/ Dill & Cheese instead of making the pesto OR buy a pre-made pesto from the grocery store.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Food processor for making the pesto.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Radicchio, Tuna, Salad, Pesto, Dill Pesto, Pescatarian, Beans, Gluten Free