Orange & Ginger Carrots
Flavorful cooked carrot recipe braised w/ ginger and orange juice and topped with fresh orange zest. This could be served alongside Pistachio & Parsley Stuffed Chicken. This recipe is versatile – want it sweeter? Add a little agave or brown sugar.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 2 lb carrots, trimmed & peeled
- 1 orange, zested & juiced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- Zest the orange first and then juice. You will not need all the zest but you can freeze what you don’t need and use it later.
- Cut peeled carrots into 3/4″ chunks and place in a large pot. Add enough water to cover by 1/2″, add 1/2 tsp salt, and bring to a boil. Cook covered ~ 12-15 minutes or until nearly tender. Drain excess water, reduce heat, and put carrots back on heat.
- Add orange juice, ginger, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook until orange juice reduces (~ 3 minutes).
- Garnish with as much orange zest as desired and add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
Zester for grating the ginger and zesting the orange.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Carrots, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Easter, Thanksgiving, Holidays, Paleo, Whole 30