Pan Fried Chicken with Dijon Cream Sauce
Pan fried boneless & skinless chicken thighs w/ a smooth and tangy cream & dijon mustard sauce. Flavorful herbs pull this recipe together and make it amazingly addicting.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
- 10 (~2 lb) chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp tarragon or rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Lightly salt and pepper 2 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat and add butter and olive oil. Cook the chicken covered ~5-6 minutes per side or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165F. Reduce your heat to medium if pan is too hot.
- Set the cooked chicken on a plate and tent, but leave any fond (food residue) and juices in the pan. Deglaze the pan by adding white wine to the hot pan and gently scraping the bottom to loosen up any of the fond/food stuck in the pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered ~ 2-3 minutes. Whisk in cream, mustard, and fresh herbs. Add the chicken and any juices. and stir until thickened (~ 3 minutes). Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve with rosemary roast potatoes or rice, and a fresh veggie. Happy Eating! Beckie
TIP: Don’t like chicken thighs? Switch it up and use chicken breast instead.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Whisks – Affordable set of 3 for whiskin’ that cream.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Dijon Chicken, Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Gluten Free