Pork Chops with Portobellos
Hearty portobello mushrooms sautéed in a rosemary cream sauce & served with tender pork chops. Serve this recipe with a light salad.
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 (5 ounce each) boneless pork chops; salted & peppered
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 medium portobellos, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chives, sliced as garnish
- Bring a large pan to medium-high heat and add vegetable oil to lightly coat the pan. Sear the pork chops on each side ~ 2-3 minutes or until brown. Remove from pan and set aside. You may need to sear the chops in two different batches if the pan is not big enough. Reduce heat to medium and add 1 Tbsp butter and onions. Cook ~ 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Cook uncovered ~ 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pork and any juices back to pan. Cover and cook ~ 5 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 165F. Add heavy cream, bring to a light boil, and remove from heat. Mix in remaining 1 Tbsp butter.
- Serve pork on plate and spoon sauce/mushrooms over. Add salt and fresh chives as garnish. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Splatter guard – lay it over the pan to protect your face and stove from grease splatters.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Pork, Pork Chops, Mushrooms, Gluten Free, Herbs, Dinner