Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Pancetta
Properly roasted brussels sprouts are packed with umami. The roasting adds a caramel taste and the pancetta gives this recipe a salty, crispy, and sweet flavor punch. Some ovens don’t work well and won’t roast or they “roast” from the bottom up instead of the top down. What ya going to do? Experiment with your oven until you know what and how it works. You can use bacon in this recipe, but pancetta is nice because it just takes a quick pan fry and it comes in smaller portions than bacon.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 4 oz pancetta or bacon
- 1lb Brussels Sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. (Roast if you have that option).
- Bring a large non stick pan to medium high heat. When hot add pancetta slices. Fry on each side 2-3 minutes or until crispy & brown. Let cool, dice, and set aside.
- Cut off the root ends of the Sprouts, slice in half, and place in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, & pepper, and place cut side down on an aluminum lined baking sheet. Cook for 8-12 minutes or until browning (this can happen either on the cut side or the top side depending on how your oven works).
- Top with crispy, diced pancetta and add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
12″ non stick pan – This non-stick pan is PFOA free, is durable, and has a lid.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts, Pancetta, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Keto, Whole 30, Holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving