Sautéed Mushrooms w Pistachios
Crispy mushrooms, salty roasted pistachios, and fresh basil make this an easy and delicious recipe addition to any meal. Eat as a side dish or serve over chicken, steak, or grains.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1lb button mushrooms (or baby bella), quartered
- 1/3 cup pistachios,shelled, roasted, & chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper or aleppo red pepper
- Bring a pan to medium high heat. No need to add any fat/oil/butter. Throw the quartered mushrooms straight into the hot pan and fry them as is. Mushrooms let go of a lot of liquid so it will be fine. You may have to do this in two different batches as you want to try and crisp up the mushrooms on the outside and not steam them.
- Add 1/4 tsp sea salt and a pinch of black pepper. Cook for ~2-3 minutes uncovered, flip and cook ~2-3 minutes or until browned. Add balsamic vinegar to the pan. The pan may “hiss”. Continue cooking for an additional minute.
- Toss cooked mushroom with chopped pistachios. Add sea salt to taste and top with sliced basil. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Mushrooms not browning? Try not moving them in the pan to much. They need time to make the crust.
- Chopping nuts can be difficult because they want to “slip away”. Place in a sealed ziploc bag with no air and hit the bag/nuts with the back of a large spoon. Get some aggression out!
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12″ PFOA free non stick pan – I use this non stick pan for cooking lots of scrambled eggs. PFOA free and comes with a glass lid.
- Silicone spatula set – heat resistant, no BPA’s, sleek & clean, won’t scratch your pans.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Pistachios, Mushrooms, Basil, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole 30, Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian