Leftovers – Egg Fried Rice w/ Kale Micro Greens
Leftover rice, veggies, and meats make for an amazing lunch or dinner recipe the next day. And – day old rice is the perfect texture for next day fried rice. Our work weeks generally ends in a hodgepodge of leftovers that are perfect for throwing in stir fry’s, pasta, or fried rice. Use around 1 cup cooked rice for each person. Not everything needs a recipe – go with your tummy and what you have on hand and wing this “recipe”.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup microgreens or herbs – as garnish
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Bring a large non stick pan to medium heat and add a little oil or butter. Scramble an egg with a little salt and pepper, cook it, and set aside.
- Bring the same pan to medium high heat and add a little safflower or peanut oil. Throw in some onions, cook ~ 2-3 minutes and add a little garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add any vegetables or cooked meats you’ve got. Frozen peas or edamame are great to have on hand – they are versatile and non-perishable in the freezer.
- Toss in some nuts: sliced almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc….
- Add flavoring! Soy Sauce, Sriracha, Chili Powder, Coriander, a touch of Lime or Lemon Juice or Brown Rice Vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Want to make it healthier? Add on top of salad or top with salad, sprouts, or microgreens. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12″ PFOA free non stick pan – I use this non stick pan for cooking lots of scrambled eggs. PFOA free and comes with a glass lid.
- Silicone spatula set – heat resistant, no BPA’s, sleek & clean, won’t scratch your pans.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Leftovers, Rice, Fried Rice, Eggs, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free