Serve mushrooms as a side dish or on top of meat. TIP: Add ~ 1 cup of half and half to finished mushrooms – bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until thickened and toss with fresh pasta if you’re looking for a main dish recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1lb assortment of mushrooms: shiitake, portobello, button; sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp parsley or 2 tsp rosemary, chopped as garnish
- Bring a large pan to high heat and add 1 Tbsp butter. When melted and pan is hot, add mushroom, salt, and pepper. Cook ~ 5-7 minutes (or until mushrooms are soft) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RDLQ4GI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00RDLQ4GI&linkCode=as2&tag=eatsimfoo-20&linkId=6425cae954b732a25b9bb03deb33873duncovered. When mushrooms are cooked, add balsamic vinegar. The pan should hiss and the mushrooms will immediately absorb the vinegar.
- Add salt to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or rosemary. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Tongs – For stirring & tossing.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Mushrooms, Fungi, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Gluten Free