Tamari With Broccoli & Cashews
This easy broccoli side dish recipe is cooked in boiling water, strained, and tossed with Sriracha, gluten free tamari (soy sauce), toasted sesame oil, and topped with roasted cashews. Don’t like it spicy? Leave out the Sriracha sauce. This recipe uses the softer stems near the top of the broccoli in addition to the florets. Waste not, want not.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 lb broccoli, sliced stems & chopped florets
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew halves
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a little salt.
- Slice upper broccoli stems and set aside. Cut the broccoli into desired size of florets.
- Add stems to boiling water and cook ~2-3 minutes. Add florets and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until desired tenderness. Strain and toss with sesame oil, Sriracha, and soy sauce. Add cashews and add salt to taste.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Affordable & multi-use Tongs for tossing the broccoli with the rest of the ingredients.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Broccoli, Tamari, Soy Sauce, Cashews, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Low Carb