Blueberry & Banana Smoothie
These smoothies are refreshing and for those days when you just don’t feel like eating all that food, but still want the taste, nutrients, and a full tummy. I drink these when I have long cooking days as I don’t have time to eat. Throw in a little ginger and turmeric for taste and anti-inflammatory benefits. This is a basic recipe – any fruit or nut or even peanut butter works! Bonus: They freeze decent too if you make too much and don’t want to drink it all.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Smoothie
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: International
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2″ knob of ginger
- 1/2″ knob of turmeric
- pinch ground cinnamon (careful this can make it hot!)
- Add ice and liquid to blender first and place all other ingredients on top. The heavy ingredients on top will push it down and help it blend. Blend it! Drink it! Love your life! Beckie
- Want a smoother consistency? Add more water, milk, or ice. Want it thicker. Leave it out.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Vitamix Blender – This is a “baller” blender. You don’t need it, you just want it. I do love it though.
- Ninja Blender – This is the blender I would get if the Vitamix was out of the budget.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Smoothie, Bananas, Blueberries, Nuts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free