Sweet Pea, Almond & Radish Salad
Toasted almonds, crisp radishes, and vibrant peas make up this colorful salad recipe. This easy & colorful dish can be thrown together in the last minute.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 16 oz (1 package) frozen sweet peas, defrosted
- 6 radishes, halved & sliced
- 2 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (~ 2 lemons) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) sliced almonds, toasted for garnish
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toast almonds (uncovered) for ~ 5-7 minutes on a lined baking sheet or until light brown and fragrant. Remove from sheet and set aside to cool.
- Zest the lemon before juicing!
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except almonds. Add more lemon juice if desired and sea salt to taste. Top with toasted almonds. Happy Eating! Beckie
- If you forgot to defrost the peas, throw them in the microwave at power level 6 for a couple minutes or until defrosted. Stir occasionally.
- Don’t want to turn the oven on? No problem – toss the almonds in the mix untoasted!
Things In My Kitchen:
- Microplane zester for zesting the lemon.
- Benriner wide mandolin for slicing the radishes uber thin. I know mandolins are scary (use the safety holder!), but this is my favorite mandolin ever.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Sweet Peas, Radishes, Walnuts, Low Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto