Black Beans, Rice, Chevre & Guacamole
One of my favorite meals / recipes ever – black beans & rice w/ fruit, vegetables, & cheese – oh and a glass of whiskey with peach juice. Comfort food and affordable!
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Spanish
Ingredient List Black Beans:
- 28 ounces canned Black Beans with juices. You can also cook your own beans.
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chevre, crumbled as garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped as garnish
- 6 cups cooked rice
Ingredient List Guacamole:
- 2 avocado, pitted, peeled
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- sea salt to taste
Ingredient List Tomato Salsa:
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno, minced
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- For Black Beans – Bring a pot to medium high heat, add a little oil to coat the bottom of the pot and add onions. Cook ~ 3-4 minutes and add remaining ingredients, except Chevre and cilantro. Stir, bring to a boil on the stovetop, reduce heat, and simmer covered ~ 10 minutes. Top with cilantro and crumbled chevre.
- For Guacamole – Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- For Tomato Salsa. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve over cooked rice, fresh mango or pineapple slices, with hakurei turnips or radishes, and add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Victorinox 8″ Chef’s Knife – one of my favorite affordable knives.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Black Beans, Rice, Beans, Guacamole, Salsa, Chevre, Cheese, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Comfort Food