Buffalo (or Beef) Meatball Spaghetti
Who doesn’t love a meatballs and spaghetti recipe? This is a kid and adult friendly dish. Don’t like the taste of red wine? Leave it out! Gluten free? Use gluten free noodles (or “zoodles” – zucchini noodles) and gluten free bread crumbs to substitute for the bread crumbs. Slurp away.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop / Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2lb ground buffalo or beef
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped & divided
- ~1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 28 ounces chunky tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 lb spaghetti, regular or gluten free
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese – optional as garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl mix: ground beef, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup basil, eggs, and bread crumbs or food processed oats. Roll meat mixture into 1 1/2″ balls and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (no oil is necessary). Bake ~ 12 minutes. The meatballs don’t have to be fully cooked as you will be cooking them some more in the sauce.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add 1lb pasta. Break the pasta in half if you’re pot is too small. Boil for ~ 10-12 minutes or until pasta is too desired tenderness. Strain and set aside.
- Make the marinara: Bring a large pan to medium high heat and add enough vegetable oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add onions and cook ~ 4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (~ 1-2 minutes). Add red wine, bring to a boil, and cook ~ 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, bring to a boil, add meatballs, and cook uncovered on low simmer ~ 20 minutes.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over drained pasta. Garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese to taste. Happy eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
Splatter guard – to cover the pan so marinara don’t pop on my face or stove.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Spaghetti, Pasta, Buffalo, Meatballs, Comfort Food