Coconut Chicken & Rice Noodle Bowl
This coconut vegetable and chicken bowl recipe is fresh and light, popping with flavors of red curry, coconut milk, crispy sugar snap peas, and crunchy mung beans. It has a little heat that can be omitted or elevated to extra spicy. The lime is cooling and refreshing. Vegetarians try extra veggies, Quorn, or tofu and substitute soy sauce for the fish sauce.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- Two (14 oz) cans of coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 stalks lemon grass, sliced into 2″ pieces
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 limes, lightly zested and juiced
- 5 cups chicken or veg broth
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 cups (~3 oz) sugar snap peas, stem end and fibrous string removed
- 6 oz super thin rice noodles
- 2 oz mung bean sprouts – as garnish
- whole cilantro leaves – as garnish
- 3 green onions, sliced – as garnish
- Add coconut milk to a large stockpot. Stir in the curry paste. When mixed add: lemon grass, fish sauce, ginger, and lime juice and zest, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered ~ 15 minutes. Taste the sauce and add more curry paste if you’d like it spicier.
- Add the sugar snap peas, carrots, and chicken breast and cook for ~ 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove lemon grass. Turn off the heat, uncover, add rice noodles and let sit ~ 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- Place noodles (using tongs or a fork) in bowls and ladle in the broth. Top with mung beans, green onions, and cilantro. Add sea salt or soy sauce to taste. Happy Noodle Eating! Beckie
- If you want the soup thinner add more broth.
- Don’t have or can’t find all the ingredients? Improvise! It’s still gonna taste great.
Things In My Kitchen:
Zester – for zestin’ the limes and gratin’ the ginger.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Noodle Bowl, Chicken Noodle Soup, Soup, Stew, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Chicken