Grouper, Cucumber, & Tomato Salad
This is like tuna salad recipe but without the mayo. You can also add pickles or pepperoncini’s if you like. We get fresh fish straight off the docks in Charleston and generally have leftovers. You can just as easily use this with a can of tuna or sardines if you can’t find grouper. This salad can be eaten on bread or with crackers. Mince superfine and use it as a spread.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: Coastal
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite cooked fish, minced or small dice
- 2/3 cup peeled cucumbers, small dice
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp drained capers
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- dash hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- pinch black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- Slice tomatoes and distribute evenly on plates. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except tomatoes.
- Add sea salt to taste. Serve over tomatoes. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
Victorinox 8″ Chef’s Knife – one of my favorite affordable chef’s knives.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Grouper, Tuna, Sardines, Coastal, Fish, Pescatarian, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Gluten Free