Spice it up island style with this “jerk” rub recipe that can be cooked with chicken, fish, tempeh, or vegetables. Serve over salad, with black beans and rice, and/or with a pineapple or mango chutney.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- 6 (~2 1/2 lbs) chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 2/3 cup onions, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, zested
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Bring a grill to medium heat (~400F).
- Make Marinade. Add all ingredients to a food processor and whiz it up. Marinate chicken for 30 minutes. Grill covered for ~ 6-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F and juices run clear. Baste reserved marinade over chicken as it cooks.
- Serve with a mango or pineapple salsa, black beans and rice, or a salad. Happy Eating! Beckie
- If you don’t have a grill – pre-heat oven to 375F and cook covered ~ 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F and juices run clear.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Microplane Zester – for zestin’ the ginger. It’s tons easier using this than trying to mince with a knife.
- Weber Grill – I love this grill. Small but still plenty big enough for 12 chicken thighs and 6-8 steaks. Plus it’s easy to clean the grates. You’ll want to grab the stand below probably as well.
- Weber Grill Portable Stand – Rollable and compacts.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Jerk Chicken, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Chicken, Paleo, Whole 30, Grill, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Holidays