Maple Roasted Delicata Squash
This delicata squash recipe is hearty, healthy, sweet, and nutty. Delicata Squash doesn’t come around a lot (fall – winter) so grab it when you see it. Delicata is one of the only winter squashes that is easy to work with and that you can also eat the skin. It presents beautifully with it’s orange skin and green stripes and tastes rich, buttery, and a little sweet.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 2 medium delicata squash (~ 1 1/2 lb), seeded & sliced
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the squash lengthwise. Scoop the seeds out with a spoon and cut in 1/2″ slices (moon shaped). Place in bowl and toss with maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange in single layer on baking sheet and roast (uncovered) ~ 12 minutes and flip. Roast an additional 10-12 minutes or until browning and tender. In the last couple minutes in the oven, add cranberries and pecans just to warm up.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Happy eating! Beckie
- The maple syrup may begin to burn onto the aluminum foil. Move the squash away from the burning areas so it doesn’t burn as well.
- Want a snack? Rinse and dry the squash seeds. Toss with a touch of olive oil and a bit of salt. Bake uncovered at 300F ~ 12-15 minutes or until crunchy and fragrant.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 3 quart mixing bowl – I love these flat bottomed & wide brimmed mixing bowls for combining ingredients with veggies for roasting and for making salads. The 2 quart and 3 quart are my “go to” bowls for almost everything.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Delicata Squash, Squash, Maple Syrup, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas