Sweet Potato & Broccoli Udon Noodle Bowl
Simple & tasty recipe of noodles, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, curry. Throw in any vegetables you got with this. Spice it up with sriracha sauce. Slurp!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai / Asian
- 12 ounces Udon Noodles
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled & 1/2″ dice
- 28 ounces (~ 4 cups) canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Vadouvan Curry Blend
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces (~ 1 cup) carrots, grated
- 1 lb small broccoli florets, cut from thick stalks
- 3/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped – garnish
- 1 lime, wedged into 6 pieces – as garnish
- sriracha sauce to taste – as garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a little sea salt and cook 12 ounces Udon Noodles (GF Buckwheat noodles for Gluten Free Folks) for ~ 10-12 minutes or until desired doneness. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat and add sweet potatoes, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry blend, salt, and coriander. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered ~ 7 minutes. Add carrots, broccoli and lime juice. Cook uncovered ~ 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes and broccoli are tender. Toss the sauce with the noodles and add sea salt to taste.
- Garnish with peanuts. Serve a wedge of lime and sriracha on the side.
TIP: Can’t find Vadouvan Curry? Use any mild French or regular curry.
Things In My Kitchen:
Tongs – A “go-to” tool in our kitchen for tossin’ pasta, salads, nearly everything….
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Udon, Noodle Bowl, Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free