Peach & Tomato Pork Chops
Fresh ripe peaches are simmered in a tomato based sauce and seasoned with garlic, ginger, shallots, and sherry.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 6 (six ounce) bone in pork chops
- 4 ripe medium peaches, peeled (optional) & sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Lightly salt and pepper the pork chops. Bring a large pan to medium high heat, Add a little oil to coat, and sear the pork chops on both sides ~ 3-4 minutes or until the pork has a nice color, is done, and internal temperature reaches 145F. Take pork out and set aside.
- Reduce heat and add onions, cook for ~ 3-5 minutes or until soft and add garlic and ginger. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add all other ingredients (except pork), bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered ~ 8-10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Serve with rice and veggies. Happy Eating! Beckie
Peaches are sweet? Add a couple Tablespoons agave or honey to your sauce.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Splatter guard – to cover the pan so the sauce don’t pop up into your face or on your stove.
- Microplane zester – for grating the ginger
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Peaches, Pork, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Whole 30, Gluten Free