Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
Asian pork lettuce wraps are great as an appetizer or as a main. This recipe is gluten free, full of veggies, low carb, and a lighter dish with tons of flavor. The pork in this dish can also be substituted for chicken, tofu, or tempeh.
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 lb of pork sausage
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup raw mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- zest from 3 limes or 2 oranges – as garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh lime or orange juice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 heads of butter lettuce
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat, add peanut oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add sausage, onions, carrots, and celery and cook until sausage is broken up and nearly done (~8 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant (~ 1-2 minutes). Add green onions, mushrooms, salt, lime juice, and soy sauce. Cook ~ 3-4 minutes.
- Add sriracha, honey, cashews, & toasted sesame oil. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Arrange butter lettuce leaves on a serving plate (one leaf is generally good, but layer two leaves together if the lettuce is weaker). Place meat mixture in the middle of wrap. Top with fresh orange or lime zest. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Microplane Zester – For grating the ginger and the citrus.
Keywords: Lettuce Wraps, Pork, Paleo, Dairy Free, Whole 30, Low Carb, Keto, Snack