Tomato, Chevre, Cucumber Sandwich
I am currently OBSESSED with this simple open faced tomato & cucumber sandwich recipe. Put a fried egg on it for breakfast. Eat it as a snack. Use gluten free bread if you need it or omit the cheese if you don’t eat dairy. Put on crostini instead of ciabatta to make into a fantastic summer appetizer.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Toaster
- Cuisine: International
- ciabatta Roll, halved and toasted
- 1/2 of a small cucumber, peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup creamy Chevre goat cheese
- one small tomato, sliced
- 6 basil leaves
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Cut ciabatta roll in half and toast one side. Slather it with some creamy goat cheese and sprinkle on black pepper. Layer with a couple cucumber slices, a couple heirloom tomato slices. Add some sea salt and top with basil leaves.
- Eat slow. Think about the good life. Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Mac 8″ chef’s knife – this is my favorite expensive knife.
- Tramontina 8″ chef’s knife– this is one of my favorite more affordable knives.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Sandwich, Sammie, Snack, Summer, Tomatoes, Cheese, Vegetarian